I'm opting again today for random, useless facts. I needed a pick me up after a day of whining, ants, mopping, injuries, more whining, timeouts, laundry, dinner, did I mention the whining?
So here you have it. Chew on these...
- It is impossible to lick your elbow. Go ahead and try - I did. Three times. I'm not afraid to admit it!
- Maine is the only state who's name is just one syllable. I need Mike to sing the state song for me to verify that. ...Connecticut, Delaware...
- Frogs do not drink water. Even frogs on grills. I double checked that! They absorb it through their skin. Duh!
- Pigs can run a mile in 7 1/2 minutes. Now I have NO idea if this is true, but if it is, don't I feel worse than a pig? I don't think I could run that fast if my life depended on it!
- A polar bear's skin is black. Its fur is not white, it's actually clear. Dude, I doubled checked this. It's for real. Their skin is black, which helps them absorb heat from the sun, and their hair is hollow tubes filled with air. Bizarre.
- Stewardess is the longest word typed only with the left hand. It's weird to type a word with only one hand. Something tells me we could invent a longer word that uses only the left hand. Someone work on that, okay?
- A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down continuously from the bottom of the glass to the top. I don't even like champagne, but I'm so testing this one out.
- The Guinness Book of World Records holds the record for being the book most often stolen from Public Libraries. Ah but of course.
- It is estimated that 40% of the people at a party will snoop in your medicine cabinet. Oh I've done it before. Don't judge me. But really, this can't be true. How often do you let people in the bathroom that has all your good stuff in it? Mainly they use that common hall one, right?
- No word rhymes with month, purple, orange or silver. What about murple, or fonth? Never mind.
- It is impossible to sneeze with your eyes open. I think they'll pop out of your sockets if you do.
- If you keep a goldfish in a dark room, it will eventually turn white. Proven. While in college. Got some goldfish, didn't ever turn the light on and left them in the dark area of our living room. Turned white. Then floated upside down. Kids in college should not have pets. Not even fish!
- Seven million cell phones are dropped in the toilet each year. Gross!
- An average of 100 people per year choke on ball point pens. This made me have a small flashback to a boss I had before who seriously chewed the caps of his Bic pens like it was chaw. Then he'd start hacking because he had swallowed some tiny piece of plastic. I yelled at him for it. Wonder why I never got promoted after that?
- Cat's urine glows under a black light. True. Especially in the front room at my old house in Kansas. It was sick dude. Sick.
- In most advertisements, the time displayed on a watch is 10:10. I can't decide if I believe this one or not.
- In Bulgaria, nodding yes means no, and shaking no means yes. All I can say to that is, well I'll be a monkey's uncle. And according to various sites, it is the only place where that is true.
PS - Elaine had her first dentist appointment yesterday. And she absolutely LOVED it. Sat still, listened, didn't cry - got her teeth cleaned, checked out, and flossed! Then she was a royal BEOTCH the rest of the day. I love her though. Love her.