So about me. Stuff is going on. Lots of it. Some of it I'll share soon, some of it I'm not ready to share, some of it isn't even mine. And whatever, life is busy, I don't get paid to blog, blah blah blah. Why don't I get paid to blog? Someone should work on that, STAT. Get my agent on the phone. Wait, I don't have one. Oooh, my stepmom is a real estate agent. Would that work?
Anywho, we, the House of WE, are heading out on a small family vacation tomorrow to Branson, MO. We need to do a little recharging, and just suck it up and be out in the heat and have fun before school starts. I feel like I'm out of topics to blog about, but I'm not done talking. Does that make sense? So while my brain sorts that all out, I'll share some newer random thoughts!
- Have you seen the Old Navy commercial with Brandon and Andrea from 90210? I mean seriously, I used to LOVE that show and now here they are pimping children's clothes for Old Navy. Oh how the mighty have fallen.
- I'm helping plan my 20th high school reunion. Seriously, 20 years? I feel like I maybe just got out of college. That is until I catch a glimpse of my giant 10 year old. I guess I've been out of school awhile. Boo.
- School needs to start soon. My kids are aggravating each other, bored out of their gourds, lazy and apathetic. I love that word apathetic. It's so much like pathetic, but just a touch cooler vocab-wise, don't you think?
- Snoop Dogg has changed his name to Snoop Lion and is now a raggae star. For real. What has this world come to?
- David Beckham driving that boat for the opening ceremonies of the Olympic Games. Sure, he's super super attractive, fit and all, but do you feel like there's a chance he might be a bit, um, douchey? Because I think that. And I'm not sure why. Did one of you tell me he was? He's probably totally awesome.
- I heart the Olympics. So much. The triumphs, the tragedies, the stories, the struggles, the hopes, the pomp & circumstance (whatever that means). All of it. Wrap it up in a big bow - it's one of the best things ever. I do have to yell at the TV a lot. I'm not sure why the swimmers can't hear me!
- When I recently switched phone providers, I had to change my home phone number. I know, don't even get Mike started on why we even bother to have a home phone. Anywho, our new number must have had some sort of previous life. I ocassionally get calls asking for my 'services'. Sometimes said calls are at 2 or 3 in the morning. When the phone rings that early, I assume something life-changing is happening and I run for the phone. I hate to answer to "yeah, I saw your ad on adult connection and I'd like to secure your services." Say what? Sometimes they even leave messages. And once I had several bizarro messages from a woman making noise and then finally calling me a b word. I swear my phone number has had a more interesting life than I'll ever have! Not that I want my phone number's life, I'm just sayin'!
- I'm sick of this weather, and real sick of talking about this weather.
- Warren likes to blame things. He blames umps for bad calls. Even umps in video games. I mean yes, sometimes umps make bad calls, but such is life. It doesn't mean you should shut down the game and have a fit because the 'ump made a bad call'. I hate that attitude. And I swear more and more kids have it lately. The whole 'it's not fair if I'm not winning' thing. I hate it on other kids, and I hate it on my own kids. I must make that stop.
- Seriously, what services am I offering on adult connection?
- I could eat ice cream every day. EVERY DAY. I want to eat ice cream every day, but surely you shouldn't?
- I'm losing Elaine to her friends. My friend said this. My friend said that. That's not what my friend said. She told me this. He told me that. He said, she said. AHHHHH. It makes me want to lock her in a closet. Instead I take the, "you have to make your own opinions Elaine" approach. And the "please double check all of your information with mom, okay?
- There's so much I wish I was fitting into my life right now, yet my life is full. Do I need to say no to more things or make time for things I want to do and try?
- Last Sunday, I ran four miles in the rain at 6:30 in the morning. Process all of that would you? And then two days later when I tried to run two miles, I thought I might die. Running - it's a tricky little bastard.
- A girl from work brought in her new baby, and she totally let me hold her, sniff her head, and kiss her on the head. She was fantastic. That would be an excellent business. "Here, hold my clean, fresh, adorable, happy baby. Only ten bucks." I'm going to ask her if I can borrow that baby.
- I'm at this point in my life when all of my memories seem to be lumping together. Does that happen to everyone? For instance, all four years of high school have combined in my head into one. Same with college. Childhood - maybe 2 years. What gives? Am I out of long term memory space? If so, I need an upgrade!
- I just told Warren he needed to be more independent and try to solve his own problems without giving up. Yeah, he burst into tears and told Mike and I that "growing up is hard". True dat Warren. True dat.
- My dog's anti-inflammatory pills are about $3.30 each. He takes one a day. This hip thing could go on forever. Yeah, that's super fun.
- I just saw a preview for some movie called "Wreck It Ralph". Q-bert was in there. I RULED that game. I miss Atari. Pitfall, Donkey Kong, Pac-Man, Q-bert, River Raid, Circus Atari. All so awesome. And yeah, I know you can get those games online. But I also want the old Atari joystick. Sometimes wii and playstation just have too many buttons for my little brain to deal with!
- Why is it that I pour myself a giant mug of steaming coffee, take a big drink and then am shocked that I have burnt the crap out of my mouth? It was steaming fool! And yet, I manage to do this regularly.