Hello! And Happy Friday to you all!
First off, let me say I am feeling MUCH BETTER now. I had a breakdown, gave myself therapy by blogging, and now am good to go! I'm no fool, I know the upcoming days will be more of the same in regard to my daughter, but somehow, I've reset myself and am ready to face it. For awhile at least.
Secondly, I came up with a philosophical phriday topic and decided it was too deep for the holiday season. So, we're skipping that today - sorry Ben. I saved it though, no worries - we'll use it another Friday. I thought today I'd wish you all a very merry Christmas. And if you don't celebrate Christmas, well then happy belated Hannukah, and/or an upcoming happy Kwanzaa to you!
If you feel like sharing, let us know what some of your favorite things about Christmas (or Hannukah or Kwanzaa) are. For instance, these are some of mine:
- Driving around to look at Christmas lights. The gaudier, the better.
- My favorite Christmas movie = Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas - the animated version.
- My second favorite movie? Rudolph - with Hermie the elf who wants to be a dentist.
- Some of the best gifts I've received - ghetto blaster (oh my God I am SOOO dating myself), gold necklace (remember when that was the must have high school accessory?), the slippers that Mike and I got for each other the first year we were married (they matched, we had no clue), laser tag (also back in the day - my dad wanted boys, he had all girls, he tried to change us every year at Christmas).
- What gift I'd give if I had oodles of money? I'd adopt a needy family by myself and buy all of their presents and Christmas dinner.
- Fave holiday song? God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen - by the Bearnaked Ladies
- I love making Christmas cookies, and hate eating them.
- My new favorite thing is reading The Polar Express, and Twas the Night Before Christmas to my kids. They are all wrapped up in Santa right now, and can't get enough of these stories.
There's more, but I have to get myself and children ready. It's Warren's last day before break, and it's his Christmas party which of course I am helping at, because I'm all about being that dorky mom. I'm not going to post Monday or Tuesday, so I'm wishing the Season's Best to you and yours!