Yesterday we had crazy day. Well, to follow along with the crazy, I decided to be happy. Rather than pissy or stressed out or busy. I chose happy. And you know what? It was nice! (This was of course after dealing with MANY morning fights between the kids that involved hitting (them - each other) and screaming (again them - each other).) While I was feeling so happy, and singing, and sunshine was practically streaming out of my ass; I decided to take pics of the things that make me happy on a regular basis. So here is my Friday happiness pictorial. If you're having a crappy day, choose to be happy. Or stay bitchy. I don't care. I'm both on any given day, so I've got your back!
From left to right, row by row...
- Gerber daisies. I bought them for myself at the grocery store.
- The beast - Truman. I know he can be a royal pain, but overall he's a fine dog.
- This plant - a peace lily - which so far I haven't killed. This plant understands me. He lays his leaves down when he's thirsty and then stands back up after I water him. Yes, it's a he. Duh.
- Face. Face was created by my friend's brother who is a very talented artist and also just a great person. So is the friend. I like seeing face watching over the plant. And they are the only two things in my dining room at the moment. I bet face would like a table to look over or something.
- Fake wedding ring. While prego with Elaine, my feet grew a half-size and apparently so did my fingers. My wedding ring hasn't fit since before she was born (almost 3 years ago). I bought this for about 12 bucks - the same price as the flowers - and I'm happy to have something on the finger again - cubic zirconia or otherwise.
- McDonalds. Dude, I hate their food - yet continue to eat it. But my kids thing I am the queen of all that is good when I take them through the drive thru. Especially on crazy day - in their jammies. Check it.
- Kitchen under the counter ipod/radio/tv/weather (who uses that part) player. I love to have music while in the kitchen. Especially while suffering through McDonalds. And the anal retentive person in me loves that it is OFF of the counter. And the plug is hidden - nice work Mike. Oh, and did you notice my new cabinet knobs - a Christmas gift from dad and wicked stepmom.
- A scrapbook tools organizer free with my last purchase. ROCK ON. I love free things. Especially free things that relate to scrapping, and are pink and brown!
- Grass seed. The developers of the subdivision behind us have FINALLY seeded the area they grated last summer and fall. Now I can encourage the snakes, moles and voles to GO BACK WHERE THEY CAME FROM. Bastards. Still happy, still sunshiny.
- Those stars. Bought them at Michaels. Just the right touch for that empty area in my entry way, don't you agree? And if you don't - keep it to yourself.
- Wednesday's water fight. I mean what kid doesn't love playing in the hose and getting their clothes soaking wet? It makes me smile to see them do that stuff.
- Last but not least, hanging baskets. I've been troubled since we moved in that I didn't have anything hanging on my four hooks. There are actually four of these that Elaine and I purchased and planted Monday while Warren was at school. Please don't let me kill them. I hope the peace lily talks to them about how to behave around here.
Have a great weekend and a happy mother's day!